Welcome and updates

From: "Andrea Levandowski alevandowski@PROTECTED [NJLibsGrowBiz]" <NJLibsGrowBiz@PROTECTED>
Subject: Welcome and updates
Date: May 13th 2020

Hello all,

I’m so happy to see that the NJLibsGrowBiz list is working!  Thank you for taking the time to let me know that you received my message.

I hope that this list will be a way to easily keep you updated on topics of interest as well as a means of asking for help or sharing advice on business reference with other library staff.

In case you missed it, here are some items to be aware of:

·       Handouts, slides, and recordings from the 2020 NJLibsGrowBiz Virtual Summit are available: www.njstatelib.org/njlibsgrowbiz

·       The Entrepreneurship & Libraries Conference is accepting proposals for breakout sessions.  The deadline is June 1, 2020: https://entrelib.org/  This Conference will be held November 11-13, 2020 at the new Durham County Library in Durham, NC.

·       Libraries Lead with Digital Skills, an initiative of the Public Library Association with Funding from Google.org, is accepting applications through June 1: http://www.ala.org/pla/initiatives/google  Libraries can receive up to $2,000 to offer programming around Grow with Google resources

·       ReferenceUSA Training for Library Staff - Bill Carlson from InfoGroup will be teaching two ReferenceUSA training sessions for library staff.  These webinars will cover all of the ReferenceUSA modules available in New Jersey along with various features for searching, downloading, and saving results.

o   May 27, 2020 02:00 PM: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Kyjq2N--RtmjDS2YZIAw_w

o   June 3, 2020 10:30 AM: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_s-6L3WTrSQORIPWQnGxx5Q

Shamelessly stolen from the NJ Chamber of Commerce daily emails:

For information on applying for a Paycheck Protection Program loan, click here.

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce's Small Business Survival Guide has a complete listing of all of the coronavirus resources for small businesses.

The N.J. Economic Development Authority is offering assistance programs for New Jersey businesses. Information and applications can be found here.

The IRS posted information on 'stimulus checks' here.

The state's jobs and hiring portal matches employers and candidates. For employers to participate, click here.

New Jersey's website for information on all of the state's business resources during the pandemic.

New Jersey's website for up-to-date information about COVID-19.

Have Questions About the Status of an Unemployment Claim? - You can send a message to the state Labor Department through its website – www.myunemployment.nj.gov. Then follow these instructions:

  • On the top of the page, scroll to the right for “Need Help” and unveil the drop-down menu
  • Choose Send an Email
  • Choose Email: Submit a message through the new online form.
  • Follow the prompts

To report a scammer or suspected price gouging, alert the N.J. Division of Consumer Affairs at (973) 504-6240 or at http://njconsumeraffairs.gov.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Be well and stay safe.

Best,

Andrea

Andrea Simzak Levandowski (she/her/hers)

Library Consultant for Small Business Development & Technology

New Jersey State Library

P.O. Box 520

Trenton, NJ 08625

(609) 278-2640 x190

alevandowski@PROTECTED

  • This mailing list is announce-only.

A listserv requested by Andrea Levandowski that will include a group of librarians on business services in libraries. Created from ticket: 30367

Privacy Policy:

N/A