Fwd: Open to Change white paper is out today!

From: "Chelsea Coleman coleman@PROTECTED [NJLibsGrowBiz]" <NJLibsGrowBiz@PROTECTED>
Subject: Fwd: Open to Change white paper is out today!
Date: November 16th 2020
Not sure if you saw this...

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Megan Janicki <mjanicki@PROTECTED>
Date: Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 12:39 PM
Subject: Open to Change white paper is out today!
To: coleman@PROTECTED <coleman@PROTECTED>

Dear Chelsea,

I am excited to announce that ALA and the Libraries Build Business initiative are releasing a white paper today:  Open to Change: Libraries Catalyze Small Business Adaption to COVID-19 . This paper was developed to capture some of the innovative ways that small businesses and entrepreneurs are pivoting amidst the challenges and new opportunities wrought by COVID-19. The paper also considers how libraries can respond to these emerging needs in their local small business communities.

Many library workers, including Libraries Build Business cohort members, responded to our survey and participated in a focus group to capture the experiences of a variety of local communities at this time. Many of our committee members and colleague also contributed to the paper by reviewing and submitting feedback. We appreciate all the input and support in developing the paper, and we hope it will be a useful tool for library workers across the country.

Read more about the paper and the Libraries Build Business initiative in our
Public Libraries Online blog post , or go directly to the  paper

We'd love to hear what you think. What is your library doing or what would you like to do for the small businesses and entrepreneurs in your community? What opportunities have emerged for budding entrepreneurs to meet a new need? What businesses have pivoted successfully? How has the library stayed connected in this time of social distancing? As we endure the pandemic in the coming months, new ideas, new challenges, and new opportunities will continue to emerge. As we continue to learn together about this new normal, and in the spirit of peer learning and sharing, we want to capture these experiences and lessons learned to add to resources Libraries Build Business is developing. Use #LibrariesBuildBusiness on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to share the ways your library has fostered resilience and innovation for the small business community, or feel to reach out to me directly with your experiences -- both good and bad.

We hope you enjoy Open to Change!

Kind regards,
Megan

Megan Janicki, M.Ed.
Project Manager, Libraries Build Business
American Library Association, Public Policy and Advocacy Office
mjanicki@PROTECTED | 202-628-8410
ala       lbbemail

--
Chelsea Dodd Coleman
Director

A listserv requested by Andrea Levandowski that will include a group of librarians on business services in libraries. Created from ticket: 30367

Privacy Policy:

N/A