Still time for your school / library to register to host Maker Camp!

From: "Doug Baldwin dbaldwin@piscatawaylibrary.org [NJYAC]" ...@njstatelib.org>
Subject: Still time for your school / library to register to host Maker Camp!
Date: June 11th 2021
Sharing the following on the behalf of Sandy Roberts who is this years organizer of the national Maker Camp initiative. She was the former coordinator of the Warren County Library makerspace and is one of our greatest advocates for informal maker/STEM education education in NJ. There is no cost to register to host maker camp sessions, very flexible, and as you will see in her post below, an opportunity to get a kit of supplies valued at up to $600.

-----

I wanted to ask your help in spreading the word about Maker Camp this summer. We've rehauled the whole program adding training sessions (which start next week) and a customizable system for planning projects with a library of over 100 choices that include Featured Makers like Scrappy Circuits, Kathy Ceceri, CodeJoy, Moon Makers, Mario the Maker Magician, and more. The best part? The boxes are back. We have 150 free Maker Camp Sampler boxes with about $600 worth of equipment in them that we're giving away this year.

They're shipping soon, so we're trying to encourage more schools, libraries, camps, etc. to register.

If you know of anyone who may be interested, please have them go to the Maker Camp at www.makercamp.org. Registration only takes a few minutes and, as always, Maker Camp is free.

--------
Doug Baldwin
Associate Director
Technology and User Services
Piscataway Public Library
...@piscatawaylibrary.org" style="color: #2199e8; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.3; margin: 0; padding: 0; text-align: left; text-decoration: none;" target="_blank">dbal...@piscatawaylibrary.org
732-463-1633 x4114

MentorNJ

Forward to a Friend

  • This mailing list requires approval from the List Owner, before subscriptions are finalized.

  • This mailing list is a group discussion list (unmoderated)
  • Start a new thread, email: ...@njstatelib.org

    ">

    njy...@njstatelib.org

NJSL Youth Services Discussion List