You and your young readers are invited to Meet the Jersey Trackers Dec. 5, 2024 at 9:30 am!

From: "Sharon Rawlins srawlins@njstatelib.org [NJYAC]" ...@njstatelib.org>
Subject: You and your young readers are invited to Meet the Jersey Trackers Dec. 5, 2024 at 9:30 am!
Date: October 15th 2024

Please excuse cross postings

FYI,

Dear Colleagues,

We invite you and the young readers in your libraries to Meet the Jersey Trackers!

Please join the New Jersey Center for the Book, in collaboration with Rutgers University SC&I, the New Jersey State Library, and the New Jersey Association of School Librarians for a free, virtual event celebrating six renowned New Jersey children’s authors and illustrators. Funding has been made possible in part by the Library of Congress.

On December 5, 2024, from 9:30  am – 11:30 am, six of the creators of the Jersey Trackers e-Serial will virtually visit with middle-grade students (grades 4 through 6) across New Jersey.  We hope the event will connect young people with authors in a live (or recorded) experience and contribute to fostering their joy in reading.

Written for New Jersey readers of all ages, the Jersey Trackers mystery series follows a children’s librarian and his book club, consisting of six curious, inventive, and adventurous young readers – the “Jersey Trackers.”  Written by New Jersey authors, with illustrations by New Jersey artists, each book focuses on New Jersey with a theme intended to support the curriculum and can be found on the New Jersey Center for the Book’s website.

Please share this invitation with your educator colleagues to participate in the free virtual event. Register for the livestream event here

The first 50 schools to register will receive a professionally printed poster and a package of bookmarks.  Click here to download and print your copies.

Teachers and librarians are invited to share up to five student questions for the live author/illustrator Q&A segment.

You might prepare for the event by having students engage with the three online stories:

Or you might listen to them in audiobook format.

Students might also explore the authors’ websites and other works:

Details will continue to be updated on this Smore flyer: https://tinyurl.com/MeetTheTrackers

QRLandingPage

We look forward to your participation and we invite you to share this invitation with other public library colleagues and educators!

For more information, contact:

...@gmail.com" style="color: #2199e8; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.3; margin: 0; padding: 0; text-align: left; text-decoration: none;">Joyce Valenza

...@pthsd.net" style="color: #2199e8; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.3; margin: 0; padding: 0; text-align: left; text-decoration: none;">Beth Raff

...@njstatelib.org" style="color: #2199e8; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.3; margin: 0; padding: 0; text-align: left; text-decoration: none;">Sharon Rawlins

New Jersey Center for the Book

Forward to a Friend

  • This mailing list requires approval from the List Owner, before subscriptions are finalized.

  • This mailing list is a group discussion list (unmoderated)
  • Start a new thread, email: ...@njstatelib.org

    ">

    njy...@njstatelib.org

NJSL Youth Services Discussion List