NJYAC Message

From: "NJYAC" ...@njstatelib.org>
Subject: NJYAC Message
Date: July 5th 2017

Exciting Message from Author Trinka Hakes Noble

Dear Youth Services Librarians and Library Staff,

I’m so excited to announce a project I’ve been working on along with a very creative and dedicated committee since last June, sponsored by The New Jersey Center for the Book!  In early March, we will launch an on-line serialized story titled The Jersey Trackers and the Imagination Tree Mystery, consisting of 8 chapter installments posted once a week on Thursdays, beginning Thursday, March 17.  Each chapter is written by a well-known New Jersey author, with illustrations by well-known New Jersey illustrators.

Our main characters are Mr. C., a children’s librarian and his book club, consisting of six curious, inventive and adventurous young readers, three girls and three boys.  Each chapter’s setting is a prominent New Jersey location and literary landmark, so Mr. C. and his kids travel around the state in his funky bookmobile, stopping at each location to search for clues and signs that help solve this mystery.  Each kid has a special interest and talent that helps him or her find these clues and signs, which leads them to the next location or chapter.

The first chapter starts out at The Liberty Science Center where three very rare seeds of The Imagination Tree are being kept in a vault until they are planted at Rutgers University to celebrate its 250th anniversary.  It’s said that whomever sits under the Imagination Tree will become a great thinker.  After touring the Liberty Science Center, Mr. C. and his book club get to see the three seeds, but when the director opens the vault, the seeds are missing!  Some strange hoof prints have recently been seen nearby.  It’s feared that maybe the Jersey Devil is involved!

Along with Mr. C., these six young adventurous readers, who now call themselves The Jersey Trackers, eagerly take up the challenge, hop on Mr. C.’s funky bookmobile, determined to track down those seeds!  And so the mysterious adventure begins!

Is the Jersey Devil involved?  Is he leaving signs and clues around the state?  Can the Jersey Trackers solve this mystery and find the seeds in time for the ceremony?

Stay tuned!

And that is what I hope you will do; stay tuned with your students and teachers at www.njcenterforthebook.org by reading each chapter and travel around our unique state with the Jersey Tracker to solve The Imagination Tree Mystery!

Trinka Hakes Noble

Author/Illustrator of Children’s Books at www.trinkahakesnoble.com

Board Member of The New Jersey Center for the Book

Member of Rutgers University Council on Children’s Literature

Illustration for Chapter 7 of The Jersey Trackers and the Imagination Tree Mystery by Lena Schiffman

[message_body] ------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following information is a reminder of your current mailing list subscription:

You are subscribed to [list_settings.list_name] using [subscriber.email]

You may automatically unsubscribe from this list at any time by visiting the following URL:

[plain_list_unsubscribe_link]

If the above URL is inoperable, make sure that you have copied the entire address. Some mail readers will wrap a long URL and thus break this automatic unsubscribe mechanism.

You may also change your subscription by visiting this list's main screen:

[PROGRAM_URL]/list/[list_settings.list]

If you're still having trouble, please contact the list owner at:

[list_settings.list_owner_email]

Unsubscribe Automatically:
Forward to a Friend

  • This mailing list requires approval from the List Owner, before subscriptions are finalized.

  • This mailing list is a group discussion list (unmoderated)
  • Start a new thread, email: ...@njstatelib.org

    ">

    njy...@njstatelib.org

NJSL Youth Services Discussion List