Looking for your feedback re: engaging caregivers during children's events

From: "Moore, Emily emoore@camdencountylibrary.org [NJYAC]" ...@njstatelib.org>
Subject: Looking for your feedback re: engaging caregivers during children's events
Date: March 30th 2018

Hello and forgive the cross-post.

I'm Emily Moore, Head of Youth Services at the Voorhees Branch of the Camden County Library System. This spring, I will be presenting "Do I Really Have to Talk to the Grown Ups? Engaging Adults at Children's Events" at the NJLA Conference. I want to compile as many tips and tidbits from children's and youth services librarians as I can to make it as worthwhile and pertinent as possible.

If you have a moment, please visit https://goo.gl/forms/RVItrf5nqyfhfaN83 to submit feedback regarding your tips/tricks. I will be giving credit and shout outs to (and bringing candy for) anyone who submits it with their name. If you have colleagues or librarian friends who aren't on these listservs or who are outside New Jersey who you think would have something helpful to say - please do not hesitate to share the link.

The details of the presentation: NJLA Conference: Speak Freely Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 4:10pm Many Youth Services Librarians are comfortable working with children but find it takes a lot more effort to form relationships with the adults who bring those kids to our libraries. Learn strategies for connecting and communicating with parents and other caregivers who attend story times and other events for children.

That link again is https://goo.gl/forms/RVItrf5nqyfhfaN83 Thank you for your time.

Happy Passover, Happy Easter, and Happy Spring Break!

Emily Moore, MLS Librarian 3 / Head of Youth Services Camden County Library System M. Allan Vogelson Branch 203 Laurel Road Voorhees, NJ 08043 (856) 772-1636, ext. 7360 emo...@camdencountylibrary.org www.camdencountylibrary.org

[message_body]

The following information is a reminder of your current mailing list subscription:

You are subscribed to [list_settings.list_name] using [subscriber.email].

You may automatically unsubscribe from this list at any time by visiting the following URL:

<[list_unsubscribe_link]>

If the above URL is inoperable, make sure that you have copied the entire address. Some mail readers will wrap a long URL and thus break this automatic unsubscribe mechanism.

You may also change your subscription by visiting this list's main screen:

<[PROGRAM_URL]/list/[list_settings.list]>

If you're still having trouble, please contact the list owner at:

<mailto:[list_settings.list_owner_email]>

Unsubscribe Automatically:

Forward to a Friend

  • This mailing list requires approval from the List Owner, before subscriptions are finalized.

  • This mailing list is a group discussion list (unmoderated)
  • Start a new thread, email: ...@njstatelib.org

    ">

    njy...@njstatelib.org

NJSL Youth Services Discussion List