New Jersey Makers Day Virtual STEM Showcase

From: "Jessica Schneider jessica.schneider@fortlee.bccls.org [NJYAC]" ...@njstatelib.org>
Subject: New Jersey Makers Day Virtual STEM Showcase
Date: May 21st 2020

Good morning,

[please excuse cross-postings]

As part of the New Jersey Makers Day mission to inspire and activate libraries to highlight STEM and maker culture, we want to showcase what libraries have been doing for patrons during this uncertain time of library closures and statewide stay-at-home orders. If you’ve been creating STEM or making-related videos for your patrons, please consider sharing those videos with us for inclusion in our “Virtual STEM Showcase.” We will be hosting the submitted videos on our YouTube channel and sharing them via our website and our social media channels. We’re hoping that pooling and highlighting these great library-made resources will further demonstrate to patrons and legislators the value of their public libraries, even while the physical premises are closed.

Types of videos we’re looking for include, but are not limited to:

  • STEM/maker tutorials for all ages

  • Science experiments for all ages

  • STEM storytimes

  • Demonstrations of library maker equipment

  • Demonstrations of online library STEM or maker resources

To submit your videos, please fill out this form. Videos should be at or under 30 minutes, should include original content, and should not feature identifying characteristics of any children or non-staff members. Each video shared by NJMD will credit the owning organization and posts will be linked back to the owning organization; however, uploading your video or sharing a link does imply your permission to share publicly.

We’re looking forward to seeing what you share with us!

--

-------------------

In keeping with current precautionary measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, all Borough of Fort Lee buildings, including the Library will be completely closed to the public until further notice. These closures have been done out of an abundance of caution and align with current suggested prevention measures.

The Library will be checking voicemail messages from 9am-4pm, Monday – Friday. Please call 201-592-3614 or 3615. You can also email us at ...@fortlee.bccls.org" style="color: rgb(17,85,204); font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.3; margin: 0; padding: 0; text-align: left; text-decoration: none;" target="_blank">refe...@fortlee.bccls.org

Please visit fortleelibrary.org for further updates.

Fill out your census form today! https://2020census.gov/

------------------
Jessica Schneider, Head of Youth Services
Fort Lee Public Library
320 Main Street
Fort Lee, NJ  07024
...@fortlee.bccls.org" style="color: #2199e8; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.3; margin: 0; padding: 0; text-align: left; text-decoration: none;" target="_blank">jess...@fortlee.bccls.org

Welcome to YOUR Library. FLPL provides equal access to information, ideas and inspiration where the community can connect, learn and grow in the Library and beyond.

Forward to a Friend

  • This mailing list requires approval from the List Owner, before subscriptions are finalized.

  • This mailing list is a group discussion list (unmoderated)
  • Start a new thread, email: ...@njstatelib.org

    ">

    njy...@njstatelib.org

NJSL Youth Services Discussion List