Follow up from yesterday's discussion

From: "Andrea Levandowski alevandowski@PROTECTED [NJLibsGrowBiz]" <NJLibsGrowBiz@PROTECTED>
Subject: Follow up from yesterday's discussion
Date: September 24th 2020

Hello all,

Thank you to everyone who joined us yesterday.  Here is a recording from our meeting: https://youtu.be/uZQu5cZEIOQ

Please be aware that the NJLibsGrowBiz list has been wonky.  I do not unsubscribe anyone ever, so if you receive an unsubscribe email when you didn’t intend to, it wasn’t me.  You should also be able to email njlibsgrowbiz@PROTECTED to post to the list.  If something doesn’t seem right, it’s not you—please let me know so I can get it addressed!

As I mentioned, here are some items to share:

·       Here is contact information for Caitlin Seifritz (nonprofit@PROTECTED) and Gillian Robbins (bric@PROTECTED)

o   Business owners/entrepreneurs can request a virtual 1:1 here: bit.ly/virtualbric1on1

·       Upcoming workforce development webinar (New Jersey’s Displaced Homemaker Program – October 8, 2020 from 2:00-3:00pm): https://www.njstatelib.org/workforce-webinars/

·       L2B Reminder – Keep promoting the calendar and events! (https://libs2b.com/)

·       NJ Division of Taxation programs are now virtual.  Please keep in mind that your organization must host through your own platform.  Also, they can answer attendee questions (during the presentation, or after via email), but cannot discuss specific taxpayer account because of State and federal confidentiality laws.  Also, the session may be recorded for private use. However, they do not allow the public posting of videos featuring Division personnel on commercial platforms such as YouTube.  Virtual presentations will be 30-45 minutes and customized to better fit the current needs of the small business community. If you wish to schedule a virtual event, you can Outreach.tax@PROTECTED.

o   I am also reaching out to see about hosting something statewide that libraries can promote. Please stay tuned for details.

·       If you are a Grow with Google partners, please be aware:

o   Sell Online This Holiday Season with E-Commerce Tools - Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 9:00-10:00 AM PT | 12:00-1:00 PM ET Guests will learn how to sell online to customers as they kick off their holiday shopping this season. We'll walk through the benefits of setting up an online store with Shopify and how to list products on Google to sell from anywhere. We'll also discuss some helpful tools for standing out online, such as Local Opportunity Finder and Grow My Store.

o   Interested in hosting? Here's what's next: 1) Register your viewing party in the Grow with Google Partner Community. https://community.grow.google/ 2)Sign up for the event using the  livestream registration link. https://growonair.withgoogle.com/events/sell_online_this_holiday_season_with_e-commerce_tools?utm_source=0011E00001kD5QvQAK&utm_medium=partners&utm_campaign=q4livestream 3) Start spreading the word about your event using tools and templates in our  promotional kit. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RnSFQtS_CV9KKn85mIL_R7FwopKtrRAHuzKM8hpoAyc/edit Note: If you need help hosting a virtual viewing party, watch our new video "How to host a livestream virtual viewing party" found in the video library of the Partner Community homepage.

o   If you are not a GWG Partner, you can promote the event and have business owners register individually: https://growonair.withgoogle.com/events/sell_online_this_holiday_season_with_e-commerce_tools?utm_source=0011E00001kD5QvQAK&utm_medium=partners&utm_campaign=q4livestream

I will send a Doodle poll for our October meeting soon, and I am looking into our next guest speaker based on our conversations.

If I missed anything or if you have comments, questions, or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Best,

Andrea

Andrea Simzak Levandowski (she/her/hers)

Library Consultant for Small Business Development & Technology

New Jersey State Library

P.O. Box 520

Trenton, NJ 08625

(609) 278-2640 x190

alevandowski@PROTECTED

  • This mailing list is announce-only.

A listserv requested by Andrea Levandowski that will include a group of librarians on business services in libraries. Created from ticket: 30367

Privacy Policy:

N/A