Upcoming business events

From: "Andrea Levandowski alevandowski@PROTECTED [NJLibsGrowBiz]" <NJLibsGrowBiz@PROTECTED>
Subject: Upcoming business events
Date: May 3rd 2021

Hello all,

May is a busy month for business events and meetings.  Here are the ones I have seen, and please feel free to share any that you may be attending:

  • Creative Startups is launching a monthly meetup for library staff to discuss business and entrepreneurship services as part of their Libraries as Launchpads program: “We'll be hosting these the last Thursday of each month at 2:30 EST starting on May 27th.  We'd love to have you all join! This first month's topic will be The Role of Libraries in Supporting Economic Recovery Please fill out this form to get a calendar invite with meeting details sent to you.
  • The NJ Business Action Center is hosting information sessions for business owners that will also benefit library staff interested in learning about government and nonprofit support for businesses: https://www.nj.gov/state/bac/bac-webinars.shtml
  • The Invisible Industry: Resources for Supporting Cannabis Entrepreneurs, May 27 from 1-4:30pm
    • With more U.S. states — and all of Canada — legalizing recreational and medicinal cannabis use, and the global cannabis market expected to reach 90.4 billion USD by 2026 (360iResearch), librarians and other information professionals have to use innovative methods and strategies for supporting cannabis-based businesses and entrepreneurs with their research needs.
    • Sessions will include two keynote presentations: Dr. Michele Scott, Senior Analyst-Cannabis at Mintel and Hilary Yu & Timeka Drew, Co-Founders of Our Academy. We will also feature a panel of entrepreneurs and industry insiders followed by a lightning round of a 15-minute presentations by librarians and information professionals who are supporting or are researching cannabis entrepreneurship. As with all ELC events, networking will be a focus and encouraged! https://entrelib.org/
    • Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-invisible-industry-resources-for-supporting-cannabis-entrepreneurs-tickets-151230154463

Best,

Andrea

Andrea Simzak Levandowski (she/her/hers)

Library Consultant for Small Business Development & Technology

New Jersey State Library

P.O. Box 520

Trenton, NJ 08625

(609) 278-2640 x190

alevandowski@PROTECTED

  • This mailing list is announce-only.

A listserv requested by Andrea Levandowski that will include a group of librarians on business services in libraries. Created from ticket: 30367

Privacy Policy:

N/A