Library Construction Bond Act Round Two

From: "NJ-PUB-LIBS" <tmcclary@PROTECTED>
Subject: Library Construction Bond Act Round Two
Date: January 11th 2022

Hello Colleagues,

I’m pleased to report that both the Assembly and the Senate passed the Library Construction Bond Act Round Two funding yesterday, and the bill is awaiting the governor’s signature. Letters to all applicants apprising of the status of their grant will be sent this week to the primary contact on the application.

Round Two was highly competitive, with 116 applications for $117 million in project costs. With just $37.5 million available, we were able to award grants for 36 projects across the state. You can find a list of approved projects on our website at https://www.njstatelib.org/news/lcba-second-round/.

At present, there are no additional funds available for library construction projects.

As we start with phase two of the project – grant administration – I’d like to thank our colleagues at the Educational Facilities Authority for their diligence that has made the process run as smoothly as possible. NJSL is excited to work with grantees on the implementation of their projects, and grateful for the $125 million commitment that the legislature made to improving libraries in the state.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have questions,

With my warm regards,

Jen

Jen Nelson

State Librarian

New Jersey State Library

609 278 2640 ext. 101 | jnelson@PROTECTED

  • This mailing list is a private mailing list. There may be additional steps in order to join, and the List Owner controls who may leave the mailing list.
  • This mailing list is announce-only.

NJ Public Libraries Mailing List

Privacy Policy:

-