Teen Advisory Board Summit

From: "Saleena Davidson sdavidson@sbpl.info [NJYAC]" ...@njstatelib.org>
Subject: Teen Advisory Board Summit
Date: February 19th 2019

Hi everyone and apologies for any cross-postings.

Teen Advisory Board Summits Press Release

The New Jersey Library Association and the New Jersey State Library are proud to support this endeavor of the YA Services Section.  The purpose of this Teen Advisory Board Summit is to allow teens to meet and interact with teens from other libraries.  They will share ideas, discuss different and creative solutions to a variety of scenarios.  Realizing that their experiences are only one part of the New Jersey Library community is an invaluable asset.  Connecting with like-minded young adults across the state will enable them to appreciate their own areas of service and give them ideas for future improvements.

Librarians, we want you and your teens to enjoy and treasure this experience.  The number of teens that are in your group is unimportant: their passion and commitment to their library are all that we want to highlight and share. We know you have great teens and that you love working with them, this is their chance (and yours) to show all that the TAB does for your library and share those experiences to a wider audience than you would normally have access to.

 Please emphasize to teens and their parents the honor of attending a statewide initiative.  We will be giving out certificates of attendance at the event for student records, which may be an incentive to participate.

Please know that space is limited and varies by location.  Registration is on a first come, first served basis.  Librarians may need to limit participants if they have a large teen group.  Please also note that these Summits are open to ALL libraries, public or school, who wish to bring their students and share their experiences.  You may attend the Summit at any location, but you must indicate the location to your teens, and you must register by the deadline to the correct library location. To register for any of the workshops you must contact the person identified within the time span indicated.  For more information on locations and directions, email the contact persons or go to the library websites.

Dates & Locations:

1-4 pm     March 30,2019   South Brunswick Public Library
                                            110 Kingston Lane, Monmouth Junction, NJ 08852
                                            Saleena Davidson (...@sbpl.info">sdav...@sbpl.info)
                                             www.sbpl.info
                                          Registration is 2/19 – 3/22

1-4 pm      April 27, 2019     Montville Township Public Library
                                       90 Horseneck Road, Montville, NJ 07045
                                    Jeff  Cupo (...@montvillelibrary.org">jcu...@montvillelibrary.org)
                                    www.montvillelibrary.org
                                       Registration is 3/25-4/18

2-4 pm      May 11, 2019     Cherry Hill Public Library
                                         1100 Kings Highway N., Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
                                         Melissa Brinn (...@chplnj.org">MBr...@chplnj.org)
                                         www.chplnj.org
                                         Registration is 4/8-5/3

At least one librarian or official staff member MUST attend with their advisory groups.

We have developed basic guidelines for introducing each TAB. Please read this separate attachment which will be sent to you by the host librarian after you register. Please follow those guidelines so that everyone can get the most from this experience. Each participating library is encouraged to bring a snack to share with all attendees.  Additionally, librarians should bring a list of their attending TAB members' names for the attendance certificates as they will be given blank certificates to fill out and give to the teens.

We are including a letter to use with teens and their parents to encourage them to attend.  Please feel free to use this letter (which is divided into two parts: For Teens and For Parents); in whole or in part, no permission needed, or to create one of your own.  Feel free to reach out to any libraries who aren’t on this list so that they too many join in the fun.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me or any of the other host librarians.

I have attached the letter to use with your teens & parents if you like.

Sincerely,
Saleena Davidson
YA Librarian
South Brunswick Public Library

[message_body] ------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following information is a reminder of your current mailing list subscription:

You are subscribed to [list_settings.list_name] using [subscriber.email]

You may automatically unsubscribe from this list at any time by visiting the following URL:

[plain_list_unsubscribe_link]

If the above URL is inoperable, make sure that you have copied the entire address. Some mail readers will wrap a long URL and thus break this automatic unsubscribe mechanism.

You may also change your subscription by visiting this list's main screen:

[PROGRAM_URL]/list/[list_settings.list]

If you're still having trouble, please contact the list owner at:

[list_settings.list_owner_email]

Unsubscribe Automatically:
Forward to a Friend

  • This mailing list requires approval from the List Owner, before subscriptions are finalized.

  • This mailing list is a group discussion list (unmoderated)
  • Start a new thread, email: ...@njstatelib.org

    ">

    njy...@njstatelib.org

NJSL Youth Services Discussion List