Webinar session on in case of interest

From: "Doug Baldwin dbaldwin@piscatawaylibrary.org [NJYAC]" ...@njstatelib.org>
Subject: Webinar session on in case of interest
Date: January 18th 2021
Forwarding from another list - one of the presenters is the makerspace coordinator at Warren County Library, Sandy Roberts. She is also asking for some feedback from libraries on their STEM and maker programs (see questions below) so if you have any based on her questions - you can reach her at...@warrenlib.org" style="color: #2199e8; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.3; margin: 0; padding: 0; text-align: left; text-decoration: none;"> srob...@warrenlib.org
-----

On Thursday, January 21 at 7 pm I'll be participating in Make's Plan C Live: The State Of Play panel.

Here's the description:

Are the kids alright? And, what are they doing? Few topics have created as much discussion — and controversy — as the experiences of young children during the pandemic given school closures and changes to education. But learning and kid’s experiences don’t stop at the classroom door: What’s happening for kids in their communities? In many ways, informal learning environments — from museums to libraries to after school programs in recreation centers, and camps — have been impacted even more than formal educational settings both economically and due to the myriad public safety issues that have arisen for interactive spaces. As the situation evolves, what will happen this coming summer? And, what kinds of hands on making experiences are available to help kids learn through play.

More information and links to the talk are available at https://makezine.com/2021/01/18/plan-c-live-the-state-of-play/

What would you like me to share on your behalf? What do you want people to know about providing library programs during the pandemic? What have been your successes and challenges? What are you hoping for in the future?

I'm eager to know what you're all thinking. And, of course, I hope you'll join us on Thursday night!

Doug Baldwin
Associate Director
Technology and User Services
Piscataway Public Library
...@piscatawaylibrary.org" style="color: #2199e8; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.3; margin: 0; padding: 0; text-align: left; text-decoration: none;" target="_blank">dbal...@piscatawaylibrary.org
732-463-1633 x4114

MentorNJ

Forward to a Friend

  • This mailing list requires approval from the List Owner, before subscriptions are finalized.

  • This mailing list is a group discussion list (unmoderated)
  • Start a new thread, email: ...@njstatelib.org

    ">

    njy...@njstatelib.org

NJSL Youth Services Discussion List