The Official New Jersey Urban Mayors Association Newsletter Fall 2019

From: "Andrea Levandowski alevandowski@PROTECTED [NJLibsGrowBiz]" <NJLibsGrowBiz@PROTECTED>
Subject: The Official New Jersey Urban Mayors Association Newsletter Fall 2019
Date: October 29th 2019

Hello all,

I was looking through the Urban Mayors Press newsletter (https://campussuite-storage.s3.amazonaws.com/prod/1280306/3a32f069-629b-11e7-99ef-124f7febbf4a/2005743/727e08fa-fa4e-11e9-832f-124aa347a3be/file/NJUMA Newsletter FALL 2019.pdf) and thought the piece on page 7 (The OZ Opportunity) contained some interesting information to be aware of.

There are also links in the piece to a list of locations designated as Opportunity Zones (https://nj.gov/governor/njopportunityzones/municipalities/index.shtml) and an amazing asset map of NJ from the Department of Community Affairs (https://njdca.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=96ec274c50a34890b23263f101e4ad9b) that includes libraries as a data point.

Representatives from the NJ Economic Development Authority will be joining us for our December meeting (December 13 from 2-4pm at Sprague Library on the Montclair State University campus).  We should be able to learn more about Opportunity Zones from them and how libraries can connect businesses to opportunities.  I will be sending a full agenda shortly for that meeting.

If you have questions or comments, please let me know!

Best,

Andrea

Andrea Simzak Levandowski (she/her/hers)

Library Consultant for Small Business Development & Technology

New Jersey State Library

P.O. Box 520

Trenton, NJ 08625

(609) 278-2640 x190

alevandowski@PROTECTED

  • This mailing list is announce-only.

A listserv requested by Andrea Levandowski that will include a group of librarians on business services in libraries. Created from ticket: 30367

Privacy Policy:

N/A