I hope you’re having a good week.
I will be hosting an NJLibsGrowBiz meeting next Friday, May 29, from 10-11am. This will be an open forum for ideas and questions…as well as a time to just say hello and check in. Here is the link to register through Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAtc-urpjoiHtZeP_aBKYnO5YwoIz6WnOe8
I have also been thinking about hosting regular NJLibsGrowBiz meetings (maybe every two weeks?) to discuss how best to serve the business community and entrepreneurs. Please let me know what you think and your availability using this survey: https://forms.gle/v8rLqpt96RZkzPHu6
Here are a couple of updates:
· Verizon Small Business Recovery Grants: https://www.lisc.org/covid-19/small-business-assistance/small-business-relief-grants/verizon-small-business-recovery-fund/
· ReferenceUSA training
o For library staff
§ May 27 from 2-3:30pm https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Kyjq2N--RtmjDS2YZIAw_w
§ June 3 from 10-11:30am https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_s-6L3WTrSQORIPWQnGxx5Q
o For the public
§ Please fill out this form to request training for your patrons or join other libraries offering training: https://www.njstatelib.org/referenceusa-training-webinars-2020/
§ To host a ReferenceUSA webinar by July 31st, please fill out the form by May 26th. However, you can request training for any dates through the end of the year.
· Long Branch Free Public Library’s Back to Business services: https://www.longbranchlib.org/back-to-business
o This is a great example of how to remarket library services
· This week the New Start Career Network hosted a webinar titled “The End of Jobs: The Rise of On-Demand workers and Agile Corporations: A conversation with Jeff Wald.” I thought it was really well done and very interesting. Here is the recording (https://vimeo.com/420412914) and handouts (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ccTwwd5SRWbftsrqwRUMahWfZxeCE6Hi/view)
Shamelessly stolen from the NJ Chamber of Commerce daily emails:
For information on applying for a Paycheck Protection Program loan, click here.
For information on applying for loan forgiveness on Paycheck Protection Program loans, click here.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce's Small Business Survival Guide has a complete listing of all of the coronavirus resources for small businesses.
The N.J. Economic Development Authority is offering assistance programs for New Jersey businesses. Information and applications can be found here.
The IRS posted information on 'stimulus checks' here.
The state's jobs and hiring portal matches employers and candidates.
For employers to participate, click here.
New Jersey's website for information on all of the state's business resources during the pandemic.
New Jersey's website for up-to-date information about COVID-19.
Have Questions about the Status of an Unemployment Claim? - You can send a message to the state Labor Department through its website – www.myunemployment.nj.gov. Then follow these instructions:
· On the top of the page, scroll to the right for “Need Help” and unveil the drop-down menu
· Choose Send an Email
· Choose Email: Submit a message through the new online form.
· Follow the prompts
To report a scammer or suspected price gouging, alert the N.J. Division of Consumer Affairs at (973) 504-6240 or at http://njconsumeraffairs.gov.
The state set up a 24-hour hotline where health care professionals are answering questions about coronavirus. The toll-free number is 1-800-222-1222. From outside the state, call 1-800-962-1253.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Don’t hesitate to reach out!
Andrea Simzak Levandowski (she/her/hers)
Library Consultant for Small Business Development & Technology
New Jersey State Library
P.O. Box 520
Trenton, NJ 08625
(609) 278-2640 x190
Start a new thread, email:
A listserv requested by Andrea Levandowski that will include a group of librarians on business services in libraries. Created from ticket: 30367