As a reminder, here is the Doodle poll for our next meeting: https://doodle.com/poll/4mdnnkp88aaiumrw
News from NJ
· Governor Murphy announced that restaurants across the state will be able to open for indoor dining beginning this Friday, Sept. 4, at 25 percent capacity and with social distancing between tables. Read more
· With $10M grant from feds, EDA announces Phase 2 of small business loan program. Read more
· Free issue of NJBIZ: This issue of the NJBIZ discusses Governor Murphy's revamping of his original budget, presented in February. His current deadline to submit this new budget is October 1. Read more
News from libraries
· Libraries are Holding Space for their Communities: Read more
· Business Librarians Exchanging Instructional Materials (BLExIM) is an informal co-op of business librarians collegially sharing their personal Instructional Materials (IM) for everyone’s benefit! BLExIM is not (yet) affiliated with any professional organization(s).
Continuing education and upcoming events
Business Resources Within My Online Library
When: September 10 from 10:30-11:30am
Let's look at Business Search, Regional Business News, and Small Business Reference Center to see what we can find to assist patron's with their business needs. We'll discover popular reading materials like Harvard Business Review and Consumer Reports, along with top business journals in many subjects. We'll also discover newspapers and reference books, along with company reports, SWOT analyses, and more.
Navigating the New Normal: Lessons Learned for Building More Resilient Libraries (Virtual half-day summit co-sponsored by the New Jersey State Library and LibraryLinkNJ)
When: September 15 from 1:00-5:00 pm
1. Continuity of Operations Shadow of a Pandemic by Dan Wilson, Coordinator, NN/LM National Emergency Preparedness & Response Plan
2. Staying Connected While Working Remotely, Faith McCalla, Trainer/Consultant
3. Trends and Topics in Library Security and Safety: Keeping Staff and Patrons Protected in the New Normal by Dr. Steve Albrecht,
4. Board certified in HR, security, coaching, threat management
Resilience: Strength Under Stress, Faith McCalla, for the Mental Health Association of New Jersey
For questions contact Michele Stricker at mstricker@PROTECTED
Virtual Discussion: Libraries Supporting Jobseekers in COVID
When: September 17 from 2:00-3:00pm
Join Michele Martin, New Start Career Network, and Andrea Levandowski, New Jersey State Library, for an open discussion about how libraries can better serve jobseekers in their communities. This discussion will build on the topics raised during the New Start Career Network’s Lunch and Learn on August 28. Attendees are strongly encouraged to view the webinar recording (https://vimeo.com/452645837/2626302c1c) before the Virtual Discussion. Come prepared to share your questions, ideas, experiences, and concerns as well as any library initiatives of programming you may be considering.
For more continuing education opportunities, visit the New Jersey State Library’s website.
Recordings for events and webinars are available through the New Jersey State Library's YouTube page (click on the LifeLong Learning Playlist).
Andrea Simzak Levandowski (she/her/hers)
Library Consultant for Small Business Development & Technology
New Jersey State Library
P.O. Box 520
Trenton, NJ 08625
(609) 278-2640 x190
Start a new thread, email:
A listserv requested by Andrea Levandowski that will include a group of librarians on business services in libraries. Created from ticket: 30367