ShareIt 5.0

From: "JerseyCat" <cconfoy@PROTECTED>
Subject: ShareIt 5.0
Date: March 10th 2016

For those who were unable to take the webinar on the new version  of Shareit, Auto-Graphics has provided the following:

  1. Here is the Demo/Sandbox URL for New Jersey libraries to play with:

http://testa-tenn-agent.auto-graphics.com/mvc/?cid=tenn&lid=blue&reset=force

Staff login:

Username= bstaff

Password = bstaff

  1. The recording of the demo session from Friday has been posted to our A-G client website.   Note there may be other videos posted there as well.  The file your libraries want is called, New Jersey SHAREit Demo (3/4/2016).

                The page is a password protected area of our A-G website:

                http://www4.auto-graphics.com/web_clientaccess/

Username = AGClient

Password = SHAREit

  1. Questions and Answers from the Webinar
  1. Will we be allowed to create or have individual logins from JerseyCat?

[A-G]:  Any library can choose to set up individual staff logins, although it may have been more convenient in the past to use a single staff login.  You can continue with that method; but if you want each staff to customize his or her own Quick Menu, you will have to assign separate staff user IDs.

  1. In the Format facet, it showed “BOOKS” and “BOOK” - why two formats for a book?

[A-G]:  This is apparently a bug in the test site. There should only be one listing for each format.  This will be fixed prior to the March 29 release.

  1. Other than calling/e-mailing trading partners, is there a quick way to get them to update the status of items?

[A-G]:  This is always a problem with ILL partners.  It is hard to make some libraries properly update their requests.   One thing you can do (which I recommend) is to use the Borrower’s or Lender’s Email field in the Participant Records, which will show up in a request and will allow you to send a quick email to the borrower/lender directly from any given request to alert the partner that you are waiting on a response.  There are no changes to this functionality specifically related to the new v5.0 release.

  1. Where is the multi-copy request on the full record display?

[A-G]:  The demo site was not originally configured for multi-copy requests.   This will be in your production release; the Multi-Copy request action will be listed on the new left side Staff Functions section.

  1. Will audiobooks show abridged or unabridged on the search results screen?

[A-G]:  Unfortunately, the MARC standard does not make a good provision for us to index the “abridged” or “unabridged” note in a bib record.   The only possible thing is to go to Record Display Profiles in PacAdmin, and enable the 500 note in Brief Display for Sound Recordings.  That would allow the notes fields to display in the brief results screen.  Unfortunately that will also enable a lot of other “note” type data to display.  You might give it a try and see if it works for you.  There are no changes to this functionality specifically related to the new v5.0 release.

  1. Regarding the "create lists" feature.  Can we request multiple items for a patron by using this feature?

        [A-G]:  The Create Lists function will be the same as it currently is in v4.0.   We are adding a feature for PATRONS to be able batch requests from a list.  That should be ready shortly, but will not be part of the March 29 release.  The ability for STAFF to create batch requests on behalf of a patron is on the roadmap, but not currently in development.

  1. Will our login need to be changed after 3/29; and will each staff member need their own individual login?

[A-G]:  Your logins will remain the same after the 3/29 update; you won’t have to change those to accommodate the new interface.  However, if you want staff to be able to create and manage their own staff QuickMenu, then you will want to assign each staff member his or her own individual login.

  1. We've always used the save staff login for our site.  How do we differentiate so that each person customizes his quick menu?

[A-G]:  If you want staff to be able to create and manage their own staff QuickMenu, then you will have to assign each staff member his or her own individual login.

  1. Will the login option be on the top bar as it is now?

        [A-G]:  Yes, the login option remains on the top bar as it is now.

  1. Will we need a new "link" to access the new version?

        [A-G]:  Your existing link/bookmark will automatically point to the new version after the March 29 update.  You won't have to change the URL or bookmark a new place.

  1. Please show us in the staff menu the title browse.  Will it look different?

[A-G]:  All of your staff screens will look the same as they do now.  The v5.0 interface revision will not change those.  It basically just changes the navigation to the staff screens.

  1. Will we be able to change due dates or renewals not using a default?

[A-G]:  I am not sure of the context for this question, but no existing functions in v4.0 will change with the update to v5.0.   If there is a desire to suggest a change to the way ILL Admin works for due dates or renewals, that request (with specific examples) can be forwarded to Casey at the State Library to pass on to Auto-Graphics.

  1. Can we still choose a particular library to request a resource?

        [A-G]:  Yes, no ILL functionality will change with v5.0.  Whatever you could do in v4.0 version, you will still be able to do with the new interface.

  1. Is there a way to set our search screen to only look for books as the default? (so that it doesn't bring up video, DVD, audio etc. unless you are specifically looking for that)

[A-G]:  If you are searching in the New Jersey State Union Catalog, you can use the Advanced Search screens to limit or qualify the search by BOOKs; but there is no way to specifically restrict a Z39.50 catalog search to just books.  You would need to use facets/filters to narrow your search to books after the fact.

  1. You mentioned new things coming.  Will there be batch processing - example: entering request numbers and then batch updating to "shipped" or "complete"?  On an [ILL Admin] screen listing 15 items, if you have hundreds of "returned" items, selecting a few at a time is not useful.

[A-G]:  Batch ILL processing will be part of v5.0 in exactly the way it is currently in v4.0.  There are three ways to action an item from the Status Screen:  a) you can individually select that action from the Status dropdown for any given title and then click on Submit; b) you can action ALL requests on the status list to the same action with a single batch click; or c) you can type or scan in Request Numbers using “Barcode Processing” from any Status List Screen.  There are tentative plans to add a check box to each title in the Status List and allow the user to action the selected items to the desired status.  Although that enhancement will not be implemented by the upcoming March 29 release.

  1. Will we be allowed to create or have individual logins from JerseyCat?

[A-G]:  This is a local decision.  You don’t have to set up new individual logins, but if you want to be able to have each staff customize his or her own QuickMenu, then you will need separate logins.  If you have User Admin permissions in JerseyCat, you will be able to create separate logins for the staff.

  1. The print on the printouts is too small particularly the title of the requested item.  Is there a way to change type face for larger printing?

[A-G]:  Currently there is no way for the library to change the size of the type face on printouts.  This is an issue we have heard before, and we are looking at making that printout type larger.  This is NOT necessarily something that would be available by March 29 release.

[message_body] ------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following information is a reminder of your current mailing list subscription:

You are subscribed to [list_settings.list_name] using [subscriber.email]

You may automatically unsubscribe from this list at any time by visiting the following URL:

[plain_list_unsubscribe_link]

If the above URL is inoperable, make sure that you have copied the entire address. Some mail readers will wrap a long URL and thus break this automatic unsubscribe mechanism.

You may also change your subscription by visiting this list's main screen:

[PROGRAM_URL]/list/[list_settings.list]

If you're still having trouble, please contact the list owner at:

[list_settings.list_owner_email]

Unsubscribe Automatically »

  • This mailing list is a private mailing list. There may be additional steps in order to join, and the List Owner controls who may leave the mailing list.
  • This mailing list requires approval from the List Owner, before subscriptions are finalized.

  • This mailing list is announce-only.

NJSL JerseyCat Information List

Privacy Policy:

-