National Emergency Library - update

From: "Casey Confoy p.p. JerseyCat" <jerseycat@PROTECTED>
Subject: National Emergency Library - update
Date: March 31st 2020

Based upon information from Auto-Graphics, I requested that Casey Confoy notify JerseyCat libraries that they could have access to the internet archives’ materials. I have since learned from further reading that this open access is opposed by a number of groups, primarily the Authors Guild, as materials still under copyright are being made freely available. Please read the link below from NPR before deciding to post the internet archives’ link to your website.

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/30/823797545/authors-publishers-condemn-the-national-emergency-library-as-piracy?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=npr&utm_medium=social&utm_term=nprnews

My apologies,

Kathleen Moeller-Peiffer

  • This mailing list is a private mailing list. There may be additional steps in order to join, and the List Owner controls who may leave the mailing list.
  • This mailing list requires approval from the List Owner, before subscriptions are finalized.

  • This mailing list is announce-only.

NJSL JerseyCat Information List

Privacy Policy:

-